Day after day I sit alone inside my mind.
"Loved" by many but truly known by few.
Surrounded by people yet invisible to most.
Wondering when I will break free of this lonely prison.
Seems as if true companionship is just too much to ask in this world.
Day after day I struggle just to get by.
With little support from those who should be there for me.
Riddled with shame at my constant failures.
Pleading for a helping hand, for positive change.
Seems as if change is just too much to ask in this world.
Day after day I fall apart a little bit more.
Soon there will be nothing left of me to lose.
I've given it my all, but what have I received in return?
Simple kindness, stability, respect, and support are all I ask.
Seems as if those things are just too much to ask in this world.
Day after day I find my resolve to carry on fading.
No longer do I wish to exist in such a heart-rending state of limbo.
Grasping at the edges of happiness only to be ever denied.
Seems as if happiness is just too much to ask in this world.
For me anyway.
© Lady Jennith
"Loved" by many but truly known by few.
Surrounded by people yet invisible to most.
Wondering when I will break free of this lonely prison.
Seems as if true companionship is just too much to ask in this world.
Day after day I struggle just to get by.
With little support from those who should be there for me.
Riddled with shame at my constant failures.
Pleading for a helping hand, for positive change.
Seems as if change is just too much to ask in this world.
Day after day I fall apart a little bit more.
Soon there will be nothing left of me to lose.
I've given it my all, but what have I received in return?
Simple kindness, stability, respect, and support are all I ask.
Seems as if those things are just too much to ask in this world.
Day after day I find my resolve to carry on fading.
No longer do I wish to exist in such a heart-rending state of limbo.
Grasping at the edges of happiness only to be ever denied.
Seems as if happiness is just too much to ask in this world.
For me anyway.
© Lady Jennith
No comments:
Post a Comment