I can feel my spirit rising
liquid fire in my veins
rushing through me without mercy
severing me from this plane
and when the cooling winds caress me
I shall finally be free
become one with earth and sky
a phoenix born of destiny
when I was but a child
enraptured I became
with magical endeavors
and the beauty held therein
I dreamt myself a castle
with walls of thick gray stone
high atop a grassy hill
where faery folk did roam
upon a throne of amethyst
I ruled this wondrous land
love and light within my heart
and a gentle, caring hand
but deep within I knew with dread
that soon would come a day
when my castle walls would crumble
and it all would fade away
I can feel my spirit rising
liquid fire in my veins
rushing through me without mercy
severing me from this plane
and when the cooling winds caress me
I shall finally be free
become one with earth and sky
a phoenix born of destiny
I grew into a young girl
wore my heart upon my sleeve
the magic still inside me
undulating, stark with need
shy and unassuming
I retreated to my dreams
where none would laugh or mock me
safe from ridicule and shame
and yet I could not help but love
and give my heart away
knowing it would be returned
in broken disarray
and while I was both weak and numb
the darkness crept inside
a great and terrible battle it was
my magic nearly died
I can feel my spirit rising
liquid fire in my veins
rushing through me without mercy
severing me from this plane
and when the cooling winds caress me
I shall finally be free
become one with earth and sky
a phoenix born of destiny
the years before me quickened
yet time did seem to subside
for always I was taken back
to that castle in the sky
and in my times of sorrow
I would relive dreams of old
when nothing was impossible
and I was pure of soul
the world had weighed upon me
cold and fragile I'd become
with but a single spark of magic
left to guide me safely home
and when again the dark came calling
as insidious as before
I fought it's grip with all my strength
til' my body breathed no more
I can feel my spirit rising
liquid fire in my veins
rushing through me without mercy
severing me from this plane
and when the cooling winds caress me
I shall finally be free
become one with earth and sky
a phoenix born of destiny
© Lady Jennith
**Listen to the rough musical recording of "Phoenix Rising" by clicking here.
liquid fire in my veins
rushing through me without mercy
severing me from this plane
and when the cooling winds caress me
I shall finally be free
become one with earth and sky
a phoenix born of destiny
when I was but a child
enraptured I became
with magical endeavors
and the beauty held therein
I dreamt myself a castle
with walls of thick gray stone
high atop a grassy hill
where faery folk did roam
upon a throne of amethyst
I ruled this wondrous land
love and light within my heart
and a gentle, caring hand
but deep within I knew with dread
that soon would come a day
when my castle walls would crumble
and it all would fade away
I can feel my spirit rising
liquid fire in my veins
rushing through me without mercy
severing me from this plane
and when the cooling winds caress me
I shall finally be free
become one with earth and sky
a phoenix born of destiny
I grew into a young girl
wore my heart upon my sleeve
the magic still inside me
undulating, stark with need
shy and unassuming
I retreated to my dreams
where none would laugh or mock me
safe from ridicule and shame
and yet I could not help but love
and give my heart away
knowing it would be returned
in broken disarray
and while I was both weak and numb
the darkness crept inside
a great and terrible battle it was
my magic nearly died
I can feel my spirit rising
liquid fire in my veins
rushing through me without mercy
severing me from this plane
and when the cooling winds caress me
I shall finally be free
become one with earth and sky
a phoenix born of destiny
the years before me quickened
yet time did seem to subside
for always I was taken back
to that castle in the sky
and in my times of sorrow
I would relive dreams of old
when nothing was impossible
and I was pure of soul
the world had weighed upon me
cold and fragile I'd become
with but a single spark of magic
left to guide me safely home
and when again the dark came calling
as insidious as before
I fought it's grip with all my strength
til' my body breathed no more
I can feel my spirit rising
liquid fire in my veins
rushing through me without mercy
severing me from this plane
and when the cooling winds caress me
I shall finally be free
become one with earth and sky
a phoenix born of destiny
© Lady Jennith
**Listen to the rough musical recording of "Phoenix Rising" by clicking here.
No comments:
Post a Comment